CREATIVE PRODUCER – INNOVATIVE DIRECTOR – ACCOMPLISHED COMPOSER
Four important things you need to know about Chuck…
– He’s eager to hear about your production.
– He wants to know how he can help you.
– He has fun doing his job.
– He can be your ‘one-man show’.
Chuck is an Emmy-nominated entertainment professional. His many years in the business prove he can get the job done and do it well — on time and on budget. If you’re looking for creative and technical expertise, Chuck will be there for you.
Chuck can join you at any phase in your production. He cut his teeth as an editor and post-production supervisor. He’s adept with the production process from start to finish. If you need someone to shoot, record sound, and/or edit your piece, Chuck is proficient at delivering a finished web or broadcast-ready production.
Chuck is best known for executive producing, hosting, and directing Weird TV, a nationally-syndicated television series featuring weird Americans, bizarre news, unbelievable events, and outlandish skits.
Recently, Chuck produced a trilogy of children’s feature films with his partners in Team 5 Entertainment. A Doggone Christmas, A Doggone Hollywood, and A Doggone Adventure. All three films are available on all the streaming services.
Chuck worked as a director, editor and consultant for HBO’s Runaway Box comedy web series. He directed episodes of Howie Mandel’s The Amazing Live Sea-Monkeys for CBS and the Chiodo Bros. and the entire run of The Mr. Potato Head Show for Fox Kids and Film Roman.
His many credits also include director of the Sci-Fi Channel projects, Worldwide Weird, Warped In Space, and Baberellas, an independent Sci-Fi feature distributed by Xenon Pictures.
Chuck also served as creative director for Planet Hollywood’s worldwide in-house TV Series, Planet TV; he also directed music videos for bands like Earth, Wind & Fire, Le Rue, and The Dickies “Killer Klowns from Outer Space” music video.
- familiarity with run-and-gun film productions
- able to shoot, do sound and light simple scenes without a crew
- finding amazing shortcuts to achieve ordinarily expensive setups
- fixing compromised footage in post-production through QC
- Directing cutting-edge children’s programming for Disney, CBS, Syfy, TLC, and FOX KIDS.
- Executive producing, hosting, and directing WEIRD TV, a nationally syndicated television series.
- A musical composer having scored dozens of feature film motion pictures and TV shows.
- Director, cameraman, editor on over 1200 Federated Group TV spots starring Shadoe Stevens as Fred Rated.
- The first to introduce the Burning Man Festival to the rest of the world in 1994 via his show, WEIRD TV.
- Pretty much invented ‘reality TV’ on his show Weird TV.
- Pioneering the now-traditional, editorial style of the ‘quick cut’ common in television shows, television commercials and music videos. The ‘quick cut’ was first introduced in the Federated Group TV commercials of the mid-80s. Before these thousands of Federated TV commercials proliferated the airwaves in Southern California (influencing the imaginations of other Hollywood producers, directors and editors) the common mainstream media was always presented at a much slower pace.
Notable Network and Cable Television credits:
- Howie Mandel’s The Amazing Live Sea-Monkeys – CBS Saturday Morning
- The Mr. Potato Head Show – Fox Kids
- Jay Jay the Jet Plane – The Learning Channel
- America Now – syndicated
- Weird TV – syndicated
- Warped in Space – Syfy
- Martin Mull’s History of White People in America – HBO
- Shelly Duvall’s Faerie Tale Theater – Showtime Entertainment
- Audobon Society
- upon request
- ATAS/NATAS – The Academy of Television Arts and Sciences
- BMI – Broadcast Music Incorporated
- PGA – The Producers Guild of America
© 2020 by Chuck Cirino. All rights reserved.